Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY

I will never forget the first time I met Jessica my step daughter. My Boyfriend (now husband) was picking her up for the weekend. I sat in the car nervously knowing how important this little girl was to him and that if I didnt have her approval things could be difficult for Boyfriend and I to sustain a relationship. She was 4 years old, nearly 5, the smallest, cutest little girl Id ever seen.

She got into the car, gave me a smile and looked curiously at me for the rest of the journey. I always remember her holding a Panda cuddly toy. Her favourite even today.

Here we are 12 years later and she is now a very important part of my life. Most people when they take on someone elses child have issues either with the child or with the other parent. I am very fortunate that I have a fantastic relationship with both, and am looking forward to the future with them as a part of it for many years to come .

HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY JESSICA.

No comments: